Position - Investment Analyst
About the Employer
Claridge Inc. represents the interests of the Stephen Bronfman family and is actively involved in managing a diverse portfolio of third-party investments, as well as direct private equity participations in the food, technology, energy, entertainment and real estate industries, among others. www.claridgeinc.com
As a member of the investment team, the Analyst will be asked to contribute directly in each phase of the investment process. The Analyst will gain exposure to various asset classes (private equity, hedge funds, marketable securities, and others) working on direct investments, fund investments and co-investment transactions. The Analyst will have the opportunity to work and learn from a seasoned investment team on a daily basis. We expect the Analyst to develop a strong understanding of many industries and companies, and that he/she uses this experience in analyzing new opportunities. The candidate must be well rounded to be successful in this role.
- Assist in the due diligence of companies, funds and industries by researching, reading financial statements and market data.
- Develop financial models and perform statistical and multivariate sensitivity analyses.
- Conduct company valuations and report relevant financial information to the investment team.
- Contribute to the preparation of investment recommendations.
- Assist in monitoring ongoing financial performance of portfolio investments and exit alternatives.
- Follow general economic developments and their impact on public / private equity and debt markets.
- Keep abreast of important industry developments and publications and disseminate relevant information to the team.
- Maintain databases, management tools required for the investment and monitoring process.
- Perform a variety of other projects, duties and responsibilities as well as interface with key stakeholders within and outside the Claridge environment with a high degree of discretion.
- Any other tasks that may be required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong research, financial, accounting, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding ability to digest quickly lots of information, apply judgement to cut through the noise, summarize key findings, formulate actionable recommendations.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Financial modeling skills.
- Time / project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines while balancing priorities.
- Master business software and analytical tools, such as PPT, Excel, Capital IQ, etc.
- Curious, rigorous, self-motivated, and able to take initiative.
- Mature, responsible, diligent, and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passionate. Track record of excellence (academic, community involvement, and/or extracurricular).
- Resourcefulness. Willingness to go beyond expectations to add value to the team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, competitive environment.
- Interest for private equity and the capital markets is a must.
Undergraduate business degree with a high academic standing.
Proficient in both French and English (spoken and written).
Previous exposure to private investments, alternative investments, investment banking, consulting, corporate finance, or equity research is an asset.
Working towards the CFA professional designation is an asset.
Familiarity with statistical tools or computer programing languages is an asset.
Note: High levels of commitment required. Travel may be required.
Please send your resume to:
Manager Human Resources and Administration
Thank you in advance for your interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.