Stephen is the Executive Chairman of Claridge where he has spent more than 20 years guiding the firm’s investment strategy and seeking out unique business opportunities both locally and globally. He is equally committed to environmental, cultural and community causes and, with his wife Claudine, co-chairs the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation. Stephen is also the Chief Revenue Officer of the Liberal Party of Canada and is on the board of the Society for the Celebration of Montréal’s 375th Anniversary.
At Claridge, Stephen focuses on ventures with solid management and operational credentials, partnering with businesses to achieve long-term value and growth. Investing in sectors ranging from real estate to entertainment, Stephen has led Claridge to strong partnerships and distinct market opportunities with many notable successes, such as:
- SunOpta: An early-stage investment in this organic and specialty foods supplier grew exponentially and led to the creation of Claridge Foods.
- Glutino: Under Claridge’s stewardship, Glutino grew to be the largest gluten-free food company in North America, and was profitably sold in 2011.
- Entertainment: Partnerships led to sold-out world tours by acts such as U2, the Rolling Stones and Madonna, as well as successful Broadway productions that included a Tony Award for “Spamalot”.
- Seville condo project: A complex of 400 condo units was sold out well before construction was completed on this downtown Montreal redevelopment project.
- Lumenpulse: Claridge made an early stage investment in this global lighting company focused on energy-efficient technology, and the company continues on its steep growth rate.
- NetStar Communications Inc.: An investment in one of Canada’s leading providers of specialty television channels, with brands like TSN, RDS and Discovery Channel, doubled in value when sold to CTV just a few years later.
Under Stephen’s leadership, both Claridge and the Foundation continue to seek opportunities to achieve exceptional results in the economic and social spheres.
- Global Network
- Strategic Vision
- Marketing & Branding
- Consumer Products
- Media & Communications
- Real Estate